sábado, 22 de junio de 2013

Por el compromiso y la poética estadística.

"Were you scared?"
"Of what?"
"Of getting killed."
"You'll never write well if you fear dying. Do you?"
"Yeah, I do. It's my greatest fear, actually."
"Well, it's something all men before you have done, all men will do."
"I know, I know."
"Have you ever made love to a truly great woman?"
"Actually, my fiancée is pretty sexy."
"And when you make love to her, you feel true and beautiful passion, and you, for at least that moment, lose your fear of death?"
"No, that doesn't happen."
"I believe that love that is true and real, creates a respect from death. All cowardice comes from not loving, or not loving well, which is the same thing. And when the man who is brave and true, looks death squarely in the face, like some rhyno hunters I know, or Belmonte, who is truly brave, it is because they love with sufficent passion to push death out of their minds, until it returns, as it returns to all men. And then you must make really good love again. Think about it."


Días tontos en los que acabas hablando de esta película. Al final te encuentras diciendo que no ves esta película porque la consideres una película romántica, sino por otro montón de cosas, y que el amor en las películas que he visto de Woody Allen es una mera excusa para contar otras cosas. Pero sí, en el fondo son historias de amor. Si me permites, diré que es amor un poco podrido, por lo que he visto. Es cierto que me quedan películas suyas de las importantes, pero ya se ve en las pocas que he visto. Lo bueno es que siempre me sacan una sonrisa e incluso me hace sentir orgulloso de que me gusten las películas de un director mainstream.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario